Spring Registration Is Open Now!
Opening day is Wednesday, April 26!
- Opening day: April 26
- Weekday: Tuesday or Wednesday; bi-weekly
- Tee off 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM
- Team fee: $800/team *
- Players are responsible for the greens fees, carts and transportation
* Team fee is calculated based on a 10 team league. If fewer teams participate, the fee may increase proportionally.
Minimum Per Team:
- Minimum of 2 players on a team roster, no maximum
- Match play allows 1 team of 2 players maximum
- Additional players can play for Closest to the Pin and Longest Drive
- Extra teams (of 2) can play also for Overall Low Team Net
- 10 matches, 18 holes, Best Ball
- League is a member of USGA/MGA and provides each player with handicaps
- Championship outing (date, location TBA)
- Prizes for overall team low net, closest to the pin and longest drive for each match
Open Letter from Marty Markoe
I'd like to introduce you to our Golf League, which I genuinely enjoy. It was originally formed with restaurant teams but is open to anyone. My partner Al and I are high handicappers. There are scratch golfers in the league. The handicap system is fair to all. You usually get close matches and you win or lose for the most part based on your skills. In 2009, Al and I came in last place in league standings. But we found inner strength and ended up winning the league championship. This past season, Al and I finished in second place, being in contention to the very end. Playing in the league takes golf to a personal level you don’t get when playing with friends just for fun.
A two man team costs $800.00 for the season. This includes prizes for every match, at least one long drive / one closest to pin / low net. It includes the final all day BBQ with loads of prizes for many categories. Our matches begin mid April and continue until the end of August. You pay greens fees for each match but many include lunch. We play 2-3 times a month, Wednesdays when in Rockland and Tuesdays when in nearby counties (Westchester, Putnam, Orange). A fun highlight is 2 rounds in Montauk the third week of July. Evening dinners in Montauk are not to be missed.
Team members are down to earth and no one takes themselves serious enough to be offensive. Sportsmanship and respect reign.
If you don’t have a partner, we may be able to pair you up with a good golfer. If you are interested, please contact Marty Mann at firstname.lastname@example.org or 914 714-9944.
P. S. Almost forgot, the league starts and ends with a charity scramble outing for PAL Jr. MGA Foundation Golf. There is a $20 donation for the charity in addition to the $67 fee which covers greens fees, cart and lunch.